The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game is a cooperative card game for 1 to 6 players produced in conjunction with Lone Shark Games. As players explore and overcome challenges, they improve and customize their character deck by acquiring new items, allies, weapons, and more. Bimonthly 110-card Adventure Decks extend the storyline that begins in the nearly 500-card Base Set box.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
The first Pathfinder Adventure Card Game adventure path was an adaptation of Rise of the Runelords. The set debuted at GenCon Indy 2013 and sold out in less than 4 hours. Upon its release, the game spent 4 weeks atop the "Hotness" list on BoardGameGeek.com. The game received almost unanimously favorable reviews, with an 8.59/10 rating as of September 12, 2013.
In addition to the readily available Pathfinder Adventure Card Game products listed above, a number of promotional cards have been released to support the game. Promo cards have, to date, been distributed at conventions, through retail channels, to subscribers and random orders on paizo.com, and in Game Trade Magazine.
Organized play program
Paizo announced the Pathfinder Society Adventure Card Guild organized play program in April 2014 and previewed it at PaizoCon 2014.
Before Gen Con Indy 2014, Paizo announced that videogame developer Obsidian Entertainment would create a tablet game based on the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. Both companies demonstrated a prototype at their Gen Con booths. Obsidian is developing the game for iPad and Android tablets, and incorporating pass-and-play multiplayer and permanent character death options. The game includes unique cards and card layouts, uses card artwork as location backdrops, includes maps to illustrate location cards, and tracks the number of cards played by type.
There is an active forum community for the game on Obsidian's site, including discussions with both players and developers of the game. Information about the digital version of the game is available on the wiki with a dedicated portal to the digtal version information here.
- Paizo Publishing. (August 27, 2013). Fantastic year for Paizo Publishing at Gen Con Indy, Paizo News.
- It was finally supplanted by another game on September 19
- BGG. (September 12, 2013). Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords - Base Set, Board Game Geek.
- Vic Wertz. (May 12, 2014). Comment on "Pathfinder Society Adventure Card Guild launches at Gen Con!", Paizo Blog.
- Paizo Staff. (August 13, 2014). Obsidian Announces Pathfinder License, Paizo News.
- Nathan Davis. (November 24, 2015). What's New With Obsidian's Adventure Card Game?, Paizo Blog.
- Nathan Davis. (April 16, 2015). A Look at Obsidian's Adventure Card Game, Paizo Blog.