|Titles|| The Burning Maw,|
Lord of Volcanoes,
Demon Lord of Fire and Salamanders
|Home||The Bloodpyre Fields, the Abyss|
|Areas of Concern|| Fire |
|Worshipers||Arsonists, drow, fire giants, evil metalworkers, red dragons, salamanders|
|Domains||Chaos, Evil, Fire, War|
|Subdomains||Ash, Blood, Demon, Smoke, Tactics|
|Symbol||Fanged mouth with lava|
|Sacred Colors||Black, red|
|Images of Flauros|
Flauros lords over his domain of the Bloodpyre Fields, a realm of burning seas and constantly erupting volcanoes that seems like a dark reflection of the Plane of Fire. His home is an adamantine castle suspended within the caldera of the largest volcano of the realm near the realm of his putative red dragon lover, Fhengasma.
Flauros has been at war with Ymeri, Mistress of Fire for countless millennia over the salamanders and usually has the upper hand in this battle. Salamanders are elemental creatures and most elemental creatures worship the elemental lord of their element yet the evil salamanders have more in common with sadistic Flauros than they do with mercurial Ymeri.
Flauros appears as a huge serpent-like creature with skin like cooling lava that crack and burst unable to contain the incredible heat within. To further his fearsome appearance Flauros's head is a frightful maw of demonic teeth that belches out smoke, magma and flame and he wields a huge obsidian spear capable of impaling a giant, which may change into a long whip of lava.
Cult and worshippers
Flauros's main followers are salamanders who share Flauros's serpentine form. Flauros is also worshipped by drow of the noble House Caldrana who specialise in using the powers of elemental fire to forge weapons of legendary quality.
- Wikipedia:Flauros (real-world demon)
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 246. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 15. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- James Jacobs. (2009). Demon Lords of Golarion. Descent into Midnight, p. 58. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2008). Zirnakaynin. Endless Night, p. 51. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-129-9