Pathfinder Comics is an ongoing line of comic books launched in 2012, published under license by Dynamite Entertainment. Each issue includes an appendix featuring new Pathfinder RPG game content related to the contents of the issue's comic, as well as short overviews of Pathfinder campaign setting lore.
The first series, entitled simply Pathfinder ran for 12 issues and featured two six-part story arcs, "Dark Waters Rising" and "Of Tooth and Claw". These series were followed by "Pathfinder Special 2013" and Pathfinder: City of Secrets, which, despite the change in naming conventions and issue numbering, continue the same story. All stories in the aforementioned arc were written by Jim Zub, though the primary artist shifted a number of times over the course of the series runs.
An unrelated 5-part series, "Pathfinder: Goblins!", was released concurrently with "Of Tooth and Claw" and featured two goblin-themed stories each issue, and a number of industry leaders as both authors and artists. In December 2014, Paizo announced "Pathfinder Origins", a series dedicating one issue to the early days of Valeros, Seoni, Harsk, Merisiel, Kyra, and Ezren.
The following story arcs take place in chronological order, following the same cast of characters.
- Dark Waters Rising (Pathfinder #1–#6)
- Of Tooth and Claw (Pathfinder #7–#12)
- Night on the Town (Pathfinder Special 2013)
- City of Secrets (Pathfinder: City of Secrets #1–#6)
- Hollow Mountain (Pathfinder: Hollow Mountain #1–)
The following series does not fit into the main storyline of Pathfinder comics.
Select cover gallery
|Dark Waters Rising|
|Of Tooth and Claw|
- Paizo Publishing. (May 14, 2012). Jim Zubkavich brings Paizo's "Pathfinder" to Dynamite, Paizo News.
- Paizo staff. (December 1, 2014). Dynamite and Paizo Announce New Comic Series, Pathfinder Origins, Based on Popular Roleplaying Game, Paizo News.