The GamePathfinder Online
is still in development, but there are a number of facets of the game that have already been revealed in the bi-weekly Goblinworks blog
. This content will be expanded as more details are revealed.
- 11 archetypes that define characters in the game and how they interact
- How the economy of this sandbox MMO will function
- The Crusader Road, a 133-square-mile sandbox of fantasy adventure
- There are various factions fighting for control of the Crusader Road including chartered companies, settlements and nations.
The World of Pathfinder OnlinePathfinder Online
is set in the massive Pathfinder campaign setting
, which includes the world of Golarion
, its solar system
, and the myriad planes of the Great Beyond
. While this entire wiki is dedicated to this setting, below are a few links to help those new to the setting learn about elements that will be most relevant to the Pathfinder Online game.
- River Kingdoms
- This lawless region of ever-shifting kingdoms is the setting of Pathfinder Online, and the region known as the Crusader Road will be the center of the ever-expanding online campaign.
- Learn about the gods and religions of the Inner Sea region.
While Pathfinder Online
is not produced by Paizo Inc.
, it is nevertheless supported by Paizo in a number of official, canon Pathfinder products.
- This 64-page softcover book was a backer reward for the 2012 Technology Demo Kickstarter campaign, and includes a complete dungeon written by some of the game's most notable authors, as well as a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the technology demo, and the key players at Goblinworks.
- The Emerald Spire Superdungeon
- This 160-page hardcover Pathfinder Module features the largest dungeon in any Pathfinder product to date, written by an all-star cast of industry luminaries. Set in one of the Crusader Road's most iconic locations, this adventure was a backer reward for the 2013 Pathfinder Online Kickstarter campaign.
- The Crusader Road
- This Pathfinder Tales novel, penned by bestselling author Michael A. Stackpole, was a backer reward for the 2013 Pathfinder Online Kickstarter campaign and takes place within the River Kingdoms where Pathfinder Online is set.
Goblinworks, Inc. is the developer and publisher of Pathfinder Online, a next-generation fantasy sandbox MMO. The company is located in the Seattle suburb of Redmond. It was founded in 2011 by a dedicated group of creative people with backgrounds in tabletop hobby gaming and online videogame development. Goblinworks is dedicated to creating a fun, immersive online gaming experience for the fantasy roleplaying enthusiast with a goal of delivering the best sword-and-sorcery massively multiplayer game on the market by starting with a carefully designed core of features and releasing new content continuously after launch, with the input and feedback of the player community. Read More...