(→Temples and Shrines)
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
=== Relationships ===
=== Relationships ===
Calistria is seen as a desirable partner by a number of other gods, and stories of her trysts can be found in numerous holy texts. One such tale claims [[Cayden Cailean|Cayden Cailean's]]
Calistria is seen as a desirable partner by a number of other gods, and stories of her trysts can be found in numerous holy texts. One such tale claims [[Cayden Cailean|Cayden Cailean's]] the of a failed attempt to win the attention of the , who .<ref name="CS161" />
== Church of Calistria ==
== Church of Calistria ==
Revision as of 17:07, 27 April 2015
|Titles|| The Savored Sting |
The Lady in the Room
The Unquenchable Fire
|Home||Calistria's Domain, Elysium|
|Areas of Concern|| Trickery|
|Domains||Chaos, Charm, Knowledge, Luck, Trickery|
|Subdomains||Azata, Curse, Deception, Lust, Memory, Thievery|
|Sacred Colors||Black, yellow|
|Images of Calistria|
Calistria (pronounced kah-LISS-tree-ah) is the goddess of lust and revenge who takes on many faces and guises. She is held in especially high regard by elves, who often identify with her moods and changeable nature. A fondness for wasps has earned this vengeful deity the title the Savored Sting; such creatures live on after harming their enemies, a trait Calistria's followers hope to emulate when pursuing their goals.
Calistria usually appears as a female elf of otherworldly beauty with elongated ears and limbs, and a suggestive smile playing across her face. She wears revealing clothes of flowing yellow silks that do little to hide her lithe and graceful form, and she is often depicted in the company of giant wasps.
Calistria is not only vengeful, but vindictive when she has been wronged by another; she will take her time returning such disfavor, maneuvering in order to attain the best position from which to enact her retribution. Her legendary trysts are well-documented, although it is difficult to conclusively determine whether these tales are tales are truth or nothing more than fantasy.
Calistria is seen as a desirable partner by a number of other gods, and stories of her trysts can be found in numerous holy texts, including her own. One such tale claims Cayden Cailean's took the Test of the Starstone because of a failed attempt to win the attention of the goddess, who claimed that no mortal could survive her charms.Cite error: Closing
</ref> missing for
Worshipers and Clergy
Elves hold Calistria in especially high regard, though she is also popular among humans and more exotic races, such as half-elves and tieflings. The faithful of the Savored Sting includes large numbers of prostitutes, thrill seekers, and spies. Her clerics usually clothe themselves in scant garb in shades of yellow, often accented by henna dyes used on the skin.
Temples and Shrines
In human lands, Calistria's temples host numerous sacred prostitutes and act as centers of gossip and information, assuring its continued growth in popularity. In elven lands, buildings dedicated to the Savored Sting more often resemble thieves guilds, and usually cater to those seeking information or retribution rather than more carnal pursuits.
- The Book of Joy: This book details the various passions held sacred by the goddess known as the Unquenchable Fire.
- Blood for Wine: A collection of holy poems, these verses are sometimes quoted by assassins loyal to Calistria before they fulfill their grim tasks.
- Wasp Queens: A group of exclusively elven and half-elven thieves who venerate Calistria's aspects of trickery and revenge.
Calistria holds wasps of all varieties in high regard, and those that displease the Savored Sting may find themselves plagued by swarms of the insects. Alternatively, one that pleases the goddess of lust may find themselves succeeding in pursuits of the flesh, the focus of such attentions unknowingly serving as an expression of her favor.
- This frog-like shapechanging sorcerer is obsessed with vengeance, and prefers gifts of poison or ranged magic to allow him to carry out vindictive murder.
- This slender elven looking woman, with ragged insectile wings is a seductress and faithful servant of the Savored Sting, though her kind are often mistaken for succubi, they do not have the reprehensible maliciousness of those demons.
- Appearing as a huge bear-sized black wasp, the Menotherian can also attain the form of a stunning elven beauty. She is the personification of Calistria's lust, vindictiveness and deceptive aspects as well as her Herald and most loyal servant. 
- Main article: Calistria's Domain
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 247. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 161. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 219. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James Jacobs, F. Wesley Schneider, Amber Scott, & Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Second Darkness, p. 19. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-142-8
- Colin McComb. (2011). Faiths of Balance, p. 23. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-316-3
- Sean K Reynolds. (2008). Calistria. A Memory of Darkness, p. 63. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-130-5
- Mike Ferguson, James Jacobs, Hal Maclean & Sean K Reynolds. (2008). Bestiary. A Memory of Darkness, p. 87. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-130-5
- Todd Stewart. (2009). The Great Beyond: A Guide to the Multiverse, p. 35-36. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-167-1