Close Conversation is a short story written by Adam Daigle published in February 2017 as a Pathfinder's Journal in the sixth volume of the Strange Aeons Adventure Path, Black Stars Beckon. It is the last of six thematically-linked short stories published throughout the Adventure Path, and a list of all the short stories in the series is found below. It is also the last Pathfinder's Journal to be published.
Conclusion of the Pathfinder's Journal
In August 2016, days after the solicitation of Trail of the Hunted was released, making no mention of any included fiction, Paizo Managing Editor James L. Sutter confirmed that the Pathfinder's Journal feature was being retired from the pages of Pathfinder Adventure Path as of the start of the Ironfang Adventure Adventure Path in 2017. He noted that the change was originally meant to go into effect with the Strange Aeons Adventure Path, but that the opportunity for six authors to write Lovecraftian horror stories was simply too tempting to pass up. The associated six short stories, beginning with The Dollmaker, marked the final entries into the Pathfinder's Journal. Adam Daigle, the author of the last Pathfinder's Journal story, Close Conversation, celebrated the series and discussed the decision to end it in his Foreword to Black Stars Beckon.
Short Stories in the Strange Aeons Adventure Path
- The Dollmaker by Jason Keeley - In Search of Sanity (74)
- Cattle and Their Allies by Christopher Rowe - The Thrushmoor Terror (74)
- The Tower in Darkness by Wendy N. Wagner - Dreams of the Yellow King (74)
- Symphony of Madness by Jason Scott Aiken - The Whisper Out of Time (74)
- The Tomb of the Winds by Arinn Dembo - What Grows Within (74)
- Close Conversation by Adam Daigle - Black Stars Beckon (76)
Close Conversation features the following characters:
|Terms with a superscript 'S' are considered significant. Quoted text ("...") is taken directly from the book.|