(extraplanar, herald, lawful)
|Environment||Any land (Axis)|
Source: Inner Sea Gods, pg(s). 276
The Lawgiver is the herald of Abadar, a massive living construct of gold and steel. Restricting any communication to measurements, numbers, and quotes from the holy texts of its master, much about this being and its existence remain unknown.
Standing fully 25 feet tall and weighing 30 tons, the Lawgiver appears as an imposing humanoid knight in ornate armor. The herald of Abadar is flawless in physical design, and appears as a statue as long as it remains unmoving. It carries with it an equally ornate hammer, the Gavel of Abadar, which appears too massive to be held.
The Lawgiver appears where its master directs, be it to battle Abadar's enemies or to aide the deity's faithful. It has no need for worldly nourishment and displays supernatural regenerative capabilities; in instances where Abadar's faithful have been able to remove part of the herald's gold body, any damaged is repaired when the Lawgiver is next seen.
Lawgiver somehow manages to be in at least four places at the same time. It simultaneously stands guard at each of the four gates to Abadar's domain in Axis, but is also able to undertake missions on other planes without apparently leaving any of the gates unguarded.
The Lawgiver is believed to have once been a priest of Abadar by the name of Zorin. It is said the priest gave his life to defend his home city against an overwhelming force, and was granted a new existence to reward his sacrifice and dedication.
The Lawbringer has appeared throughout history, usually in order to halt some threat to civilization. A golden statue believed to be Abadar's herald is recorded as appearing near the city of Chesed, where its presence diffused an impending slave revolt that would have rendered the city vulnerable to an imminent invasion. More recent sightings tell of the Lawgiver wandering remote locations, as if looking for something that has yet to be found.
- Sean K Reynolds, & F. Wesley Schneider. (2008). Bestiary. Seven Days to the Grave, p. 87. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-091-9
- Sean K Reynolds et al. (2014). Inner Sea Gods, p. 276. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-597-6
- Sean K Reynolds, & F. Wesley Schneider. (2008). Bestiary. Seven Days to the Grave, p. 86. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-091-9
- Todd Stewart. (2009). The Great Beyond: A Guide to the Multiverse, p. 30. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-167-1
- Sean K Reynolds. (2008). Abadar. Seven Days to the Grave, p. 68. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-091-9