The Old Cults are groups of nearly always insane and violent worshipers of the ancient beings known as the Great Old Ones. They perform prehistoric rites in dark places, designed to bring about the return of their gods to Golarion from an unknowable region called the Dark Tapestry. Other followers try to open magical doors to their patrons in an attempt to summon alien creatures, which are then released to wreck havoc. Some scholars believe that the Great Old Ones are simply the inventions of their fever-brained devotees. The fact that clerics of these cyclopean monstrosities can draw on divine power and cast spells, however, means there is some truth to their beliefs.
Members of the Old Cults
Cults of the Great Old Ones are often made up of demented humans, but they can also be found among numerous other races. These include the serpentfolk, seugathi and cloakers of the Darklands.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 199. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs and Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 59. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4
- Sean K Reynolds. (2008). Gods and Magic, p. 51. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-139-8
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 198. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Joshua J. Frost. (2009). Bulette. Dungeon Denizens Revisited, p. 13-14. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-172-5