It was founded centuries ago, and routinely expanded since by the families of the fallen and other residents of Absalom.
The shrine consists of a series of stone rooms holding shrines that are as elaborate as the caretakers can manage, but are usually no more than a few personal items of the deceased.
The shrine's caretakers wear black mourning robes, but claim no divine calling, holy texts, or philosophy. Most visitors view it as a novelty and leave quickly, but there are occasionally devout worshippers who believe that one of the failed is a god who is merely quiescent.
There are many failed memorialized at the shrine. The most notable include:
- Demuren, god of sacrifice
- Gobru, god of fish and the bountiful sea
- Mellag, god of rot
- Oggo, god of the sixteen poses
- Plokkis, god of spoiled food and wastefulness
- Silmor, god of blades
- Spuchasta, goddess of hallucinatory incense and herbs
- the Muted God of silence and serenity
- Yepyari, goddess of clouds and tornadoes
- Zimpar, god of the screaming fear
|This section is a stub. You can help us by .|
Cults of the failed
Some of the failed gods nevertheless gain followers; indeed, some gain genuine followers, but many 'cults' are actually tricksters out to fool the gullible.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.