|Pathfinder Society Scenario #8-09: The Cindersworn Pact|
|Released||November 30, 2016|
|Type||Pathfinder Society scenario|
|Series|| Pathfinder Society|
Season 8 scenarios
Forged in Flame, Part 1
|Follows||The Sandstorm Prophecy|
|Precedes||Secrets of the Endless Sky|
|Artwork from The Cindersworn Pact|
|“|| When an impossibly vile fiend proves too powerful to destroy, the forces of good often resort to banishing or sealing the villain away to be remembered only in fearsome legends. Less common are the instances in which wrongdoers bound benevolent titans and demigods, yet Society agents recently uncovered just such a prison. Few know how to unlock such a jail, much less locate the key. The Society has identified just such a sage: a disgraced efreeti who has sworn to share her priceless knowledge in exchange for the PCs' assistance. The Pathfinders travel to the cosmopolitan melting pot of Zjarra on the Plane of Fire, where they must fulfill the cruel genie's schemes—or find some other way to fulfill the deal.
Content in The Cindersworn Pact also contributes directly to the ongoing storyline of the Exchange faction.
The Cindersworn Pact is the first scenario in the two-part "Forged in Flame" campaign arc. It is followed by Pathfinder Society Scenario #8-11: Cleansed With Fire. Both chapters are intended to be played in order.
Recurring characters, concepts, & locations
The following characters, concepts, or locations can be found in this scenario, but also significantly appear in the publications listed below. Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild scenarios are listed first, followed by other product lines:
- Venture-Captain Esmayl ibn Qaradi (#21 The Eternal Obelisk; #5-21 The Merchant's Wake; #6-07 Valley of Veiled Flame; #8-09 The Cindersworn Pact; #8-11 Cleansed With Fire; #9-01 The Cost of Enlightenment)
- City of Brass (#6-17 Fires of Karamoss; #8-11 Cleansed With Fire; #8-23 Graves of Crystalmaw Pass; Blood of the Elements; The Great Beyond, A Guide to the Multiverse; The Inner Sea World Guide; The Impossible Eye; Planes of Power)
- Plane of Fire (#6-17 Fires of Karamoss; #8-09 The Cindersworn Pact; #8-11 Cleansed With Fire; Blood of the Elements; The Great Beyond, A Guide to the Multiverse; The Inner Sea World Guide; The Impossible Eye; Planes of Power)
- Ranginori (#8-10 Secrets of the Endless Sky; #8-12 Caught in the Eclipse; #8-13 What Sleeps in Stone; Planes of Power)
- Untouchable Opal (#8-10 Secrets of the Endless Sky; #8-11 Cleansed With Fire; #8-12 Caught in the Eclipse; #8-13 What Sleeps in Stone)