Age of Legend is a general term used to refer to the "prehistoric" time before the destruction of the Starstone led to the Age of Darkness. It is marked by the rise of the first human civilization on the lost continent of Azlant, the establishment of the Thassilonian Empire on Avistan's mainland, the rise of the dragon rulers in Tian Xia, and the creation of the cyclops nation of Koloran on the continent of Casmaron. It was preceded by the unmeasured time of the Age of Serpents, and ended when the Starstone brought on the collapse of the first human civilizations and the Age of Darkness.
In Tian Xia, it is thought that dragons ruled the land by divine mandate during this period (which is known as the Age of Dragons there), waiting for humans to assume their rightful place.
Occurrences of note
- See Category:Age of Legend for a complete list of year articles within the Age of Legend.
- In the waning years of the Age of Legend, Azlanti forces invaded eastern Arcadia, leading to a lasting era of isolationism and distrust of outsiders among Arcadians.
- Elves settled the Fangwood, where they coexisted peacefully with its fey inhabitants and became comfortable with the forest's many connections to the First World.
- ↑ Neil Spicer. (2011). Sanctum of the Serpent God. Sanctum of the Serpent God, p. 57. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-307-1
- ↑ Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Shadow in the Sky. Shadow in the Sky, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-115-2
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur. (2007). The History of Thassilon. Burnt Offerings, p. 73. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-035-3
- ↑ Steven Schend. (2010). Iobaria Gazetteer. The Varnhold Vanishing, p. 55. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-234-0
- ↑ Jason Bulmahn et al. (2014). Occult Mysteries, p. 8. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-649-2
- ↑ James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 33. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- ↑ James Jacobs, Dave Gross, Rob McCreary. (2011). Dragon Empires Gazetteer, p. 15. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-379-8
- ↑ Adam Daigle. (2015). Segada, City of Keys. Distant Shores, p. 51. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-787-1
- ↑ Lissa Guillet and Amber E. Scott. (2017). Lands of Conflict, p. 4. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-927-1