|Demographics||11,714 humans, 370 halflings, 123 half-elves, 123 others|
Source: The Worldwound Incursion, pg(s). 67-73
Kenabres is a fortified crusader city bordering the Worldwound. Currently, the city is the center of a radical faction of Iomedae's faith who are renowned witch-hunters, led by the aging Hulrun Shappok. Although the city has become infamous for its witch hunts to ferret out any demonic influence in the population, the recently instituted Order of Heralds has made great strides in curbing the worst of these inquisitions. Many hope that they will dissipate entirely with the death of Hulrun, the elderly leader of the inquisition. The crusader generals of the city, Dyre and Marcovina, constantly fight with Hulrun over the allocation of the city's soldiers: Hulrun insists that they should be hunting internal enemies, while the generals argue that they are needed on the western front.
Kenabres is built across a series of graduated tiers that rise from the plains in the east. To the west of the city there is a cliff edge that borders the West Sellen River, which is the main water supply of the city. The gradual increase in population made the town into a city.
There are four districts within Kenabres:
- Old Kenabres: This district is the remainder of the original town of Kenabres. This is the residence of the oldest lineages in the city as well as the administrative buildings.
- Ring District: Around the Old Kenabres district there lies the second tier of the city, which was also a part of the original town of Kenabres.
- New Kenabres: After the opening of the Worldwound, this district was added as a safe haven for the refugees of the lost settlements.
- Gate District: 10 years later, the Gate District followed the construction of New Kenabres as the housing units of the latter could not hold the new population. It is now the city's largest district.
Truestone Quarry is outside the city some 10 miles to the east but, nevertheless, it is very important to Kenabres' survival. The quarry sends caravans weekly to supply Southgate with stone to construct reinforcements of the city's defences.
There is a major article about Kenabres in The Worldwound Incursion.
- Robin D. Laws. (2011). The Worldwound Gambit, p. 413. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-327-9
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 119. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 121. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Amber E. Scott. (2013). Kenabres Before the Fall. The Worldwound Incursion, p. 69. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-553-2