(chaotic, demon, evil, extraplanar)
|Images of demons|
Source: Bestiary, pg(s). 56
Demons are evil and destructive creatures native to the Outer Sphere known as the Abyss. They are ferocious, irredeemably evil creatures, and will attack and kill anything for the sheer fun of it, including other demons.
The most powerful of the demons are unique creature with their own individual powers and abilities. These demon lords are known throughout the multiverse, and many cults exist to them on the Material Plane. The total number of demon lords is beyond knowing. Of the countless powerful demons who rule the various layers of the Abyss, some are better and more widely known and worshiped. The most ubiquitous demon lord, and the only one to have attained full godhood is Lamashtu, the Mother of Monsters.
Nascent demon lords
Just below the demon lords are the nascent demon lords: unique demons who have not yet claimed their own Abyssal realm. Like their more powerful brethren, nascent demon lords can grant spells to beings who worship them.
Demons on Golarion
Native to the Abyss, demons cannot easily make the journey to the Material Plane. Nevertheless, they can be found wherever powerful evil spellcasters summon them to bring harm upon their enemies. There are only two known locations in the Inner Sea region, however, where demons are common and seem to be growing in numbers: the Tanglebriar in Kyonin and the Worldwound.
- Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, p. 56. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 184. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 172. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 315. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Paizo Staff. (2011). Bestiary 3, p. 34. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-378-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 304. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2