|Type|| Humanoid |
|Environment||Temperate mountains and urban|
Source: Bestiary, pg(s). 263
The tengu are a race of avian humanoids with the heads of crows, and hands and feet that end in sharp raptor-like talons. Color variations of brown and blue-black feathered tengu exist.
Tengu culture happily assimilates aspects of foreign cultures in the same way a crow would build a nest of different materials. Tengu revere their elders, finding long-lived Tengu just as qualified to lead tengu society as highly experienced tengu. They primarily live in the slums of human settlements in the Shackles and the Sodden Lands, where they take up residence in abandoned buildings or condemned warehouses. In the tengu nation of Kwanlai, most cities resemble poorly planned networks of slums. Most see them as little better than thieves and cutthroats, but the tengu don't seem to mind, reveling in the attention it brings.
Tengu have become popular amongst the pirates of the Inner Sea, due to a long held belief that they can absorb bad luck. It is customary to have at least one tengu on a crew.
- ↑ James Jacobs, Dave Gross, Rob McCreary. (2011). Dragon Empires Gazetteer, p. 12. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-379-8
- ↑ Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder Bestiary, p. 263. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- ↑ James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 11. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- ↑ Mike Shel. (2012). Isles of the Shackles, Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-408-5
- ↑ James Jacobs, Dave Gross, Rob McCreary. (2011). Dragon Empires Gazetteer, p. 60. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-379-8