- Major article about the Gray Maidens after the death of Ileosa Arabasti is in Curse of the Lady's Light 64ff. --Fleanetha (talk) 10:15, 9 October 2012 (UTC)
- Runescars 1 Appendix --Fleanetha (talk) 14:06, 3 July 2017 (UTC)
Added some bits about her relevance to CotCT, as this is the major storyarc in which Ileosa plays a role. Flagged as spoiler accordingly.
--TerraNova 10:37, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
Red Mantis role
- After murdering her husband with the aid of the Red Mantis assassins
In the edit summary, you noted that:
- The source material explicitly contradicts the claim that Ileosa murdered her husband with the aid of the Red Mantis; it instead says she contacted them and they refused, as this page states later on.
Further on the page, I see Ileosa's Red Mantis contacts aided her attempt to murder her husband by providing the poison:
- Following the seduction, Ileosa procured a special poison from her Red Mantis contacts who, although unwilling to actually murder a monarch themselves, were happy to help someone else to do it.
The source text confirms that the poison was provided by Red Mantis assassins, and that the poison is a signature method of their work:
- To this end, she gave Venster a specialized poison, a venom secured from her Red Mantis contacts (while they do not commit regicide, they have no compunction about supplying those who would). The poison closely mimicked the effects of a rapid form of leprosy, yet one that, being poison, resisted attempts to cure it as if it were a disease—one of many ingenious methods of murder developed by the Red Mantis.