This article might have further canon details available on.
|This page is a stub. You can help us by .|
On rare occasions, a zombie will retain intelligence and memories from its former life. Known as zombie lords, these creatures do not have their lesser brethrens' sluggish movement, and are generally a much greater threat as well.
Zyphus zombies are undead animated by the necromantic powers of the Zyphus Stone, an ancient Azlanti artifact unearthed in 4708 AR from chambers buried below the House of the Immortal Son in Oppara, Taldor, and dedicated to Zyphus, the god of accidental death. Zyphus zombies carry a disease called Zyphus rot that causes corporeal creatures slain by them to rise as regular zombies within a few minutes. These latter zombies do not carry the disease, and are otherwise like a normal zombie.
- Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Bestiary (First Edition), p. 288. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Bestiary (First Edition), p. 208. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Dennis Baker et al. (2013). Bestiary 4, p. 286. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-575-4
- Joshua J. Frost. (2008). Among the Living, p. 3–4. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Joshua J. Frost. (2008). Among the Living, p. 6, 8. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Zombie (Real-life mythical entity) on Wikipedia