|Headquarters||Kaer Maga and|
|Members||Religious minority of merchants|
Source: City of Strangers, pg(s). 46f.
The Sweettalkers are an unusual ethnic and religious group from far to the east of Avistan who follow a little-understood monotheistic religion that imposes strict rules. In the Inner Sea region, they are found almost exclusively in the inclusive Varisian city of Kaer Maga.
The Sweettalkers of Kaer Maga believe that speech is a gift from god, and to utter anything but the most perfect true name of their god is heresy, yet none so far encountered have felt that they are worthy of this honor. In order to not speak an impure word, they sew their lips shut and communicate with each other in a code of clicks, whistles and sighs.
Sweettalkers generally have light brown skin and thick black hair that they wear in a topknot. Their most distinctive feature, however, is the fact that they sew their lips almost all the way shut.
Sweettalkers on Golarion
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 199. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James L. Sutter. (2007). Hand of the Handless (Pathfinder's Journal). The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 75. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- James L. Sutter. (2010). City of Strangers, p. 46–47. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-248-7
- James L. Sutter. (2014). The Redemption Engine, Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-618-8
- James L. Sutter. (2010). City of Strangers, p. 22. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-248-7