- For other meanings of "Pathfinder campaign setting", please see Pathfinder campaign setting (disambiguation).
Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting, a sourcebook by nearly forty of the world's most popular RPG game designers, was released in August 2008. The book won the gold ENnie Award for Best Setting in August 2009.
|| Discover within this weighty, full-color tome the world of Golarion, home of the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting. A time of lost prophecies grips the world, bringing with it an unending maelstrom, a tear in the fabric of reality, a surge of diabolism, and the endless threat of war. Yet all is not lost, for these dark times provide ample opportunity for adventure and untold heroism.
Inside this exciting and informative tome you will find:
- Detailed summaries of dozens of player character races (including entries for all of Golarion’s human ethnic groups) and new options for standard classes like wizards, clerics, and rogues.
- Concise examinations of nearly 40 crumbling empires, expansionistic kingdoms, and independent city-states centered around the Inner Sea.
- Glimpses at the rest of the world beyond the continents of Avistan and Garund.
- Meticulous examinations of the 20 common deities of Golarion, plus numerous additional lesser gods, archdevils, demon lords, and the angelic empyreal lords.
- Chronicles of some of the most important organizations in the Inner Sea region and across the world.
- Descriptions of lost empires, an overview of Golarion’s history, a look at time and space, and a survey of the Inner Sea region’s climate and bizarre weather phenomena.
- A peek into the underground realm known as the Darklands.
- Locations for Pathfinder Adventure Paths and Pathfinder Modules marked on a map for the first time, a pronunciation guide for some of Golarion’s most challenging words, a rogue’s gallery of useful NPCs, and random encounter tables, and a giant pull-out poster map of the Inner Sea region.
- More than 40 feats, five new prestige classes, and an assortment of equipment and magic items.
|| Editor Mike McArtor assembled one of the most impressive author lists I've ever seen in my time as a game publisher, author, and player. From the dawn of tabletop gaming to the rising stars of today, this list has it covered. It's a privilege to see such an honor roll take on the development of a world I co-created.
|| — Paizo's Publisher, Erik Mona
While no specific credits are given for the individual sections of the Campaign Setting, the following authors are credited for the book as a whole:
The book also contains essays on world-building written by Robert J. Kuntz and R.A. Salvatore.
1. Characters (4)
- How the core races and classes play throughout Golarion.
2. The Inner Sea (52)
- An extensive overview of the nations of the Inner Sea region and beyond.
3. Religion (158)
- Detailed writeups on all twenty of the major deities as well as a plethora of newly introduced minor deities. This section also includes an examination of the Great Beyond—the planes of the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting.
4. Organizations (186)
- Major and minor organizations that keep Golarion running.
5. The World (198)
- This extensive chapter offers information on the history of Golarion, specific equipment, feats, four new and one reprinted prestige classes, and much more to make the world come to life in any campaign.
- Four appendices provide information on everything from pronunciation of common names to wandering monster charts.
- Rise of the Runelords Map Folio
- Harrow Deck
- Guide to Korvosa
- Classic Monsters Revisited
- Guide to Darkmoon Vale
- Curse of the Crimson Throne Map Folio
- Campaign Setting
- Gods and Magic
- Into the Darklands
- Guide to Absalom
- Second Darkness Map Folio
- Dragons Revisited
- Dark Markets, A Guide to Katapesh
- The Great Beyond, A Guide to the Multiverse
- Dungeon Denizens Revisited
- Legacy of Fire Map Folio
- Princes of Darkness
- Seekers of Secrets
- Cities of Golarion
- City Map Folio
- Classic Horrors Revisited
- Guide to the River Kingdoms
- Council of Thieves Map Folio
- NPC Guide
- Classic Treasures Revisited
- Faction Guide
- Heart of the Jungle
- City of Strangers
- Kingmaker Poster Map Folio
- Misfit Monsters Redeemed
- Lords of Chaos
- Serpent's Skull Poster Map Folio
- Inner Sea Poster Map Folio
- The Inner Sea World Guide
- Rule of Fear
- Rival Guide
- Undead Revisited
- Dungeons of Golarion
- Carrion Crown Poster Map Folio
- Pathfinder Society Field Guide
- Inner Sea Magic
- Lands of the Linnorm Kings
- Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Dragon Empires Gazetteer
- Mythical Monsters Revisited
- Jade Regent Poster Map Folio
- Distant Worlds
- Isles of the Shackles
- Giants Revisited
- Lost Kingdoms
- Skull & Shackles Poster Map Folio
- Magnimar, City of Monuments
- Paths of Prestige
- Artifacts & Legends
- Inner Sea Bestiary
- Mystery Monsters Revisited
- Irrisen, Land of Eternal Winter
- Shattered Star Poster Map Folio
- Chronicle of the Righteous
- Fey Revisited
- Castles of the Inner Sea
- Dragons Unleashed
- The Worldwound
- Reign of Winter Poster Map Folio
- Demons Revisited
- Mythic Realms
- Towns of the Inner Sea
- Inner Sea NPC Codex
- Osirion, Legacy of Pharaohs
- Wrath of the Righteous Poster Map Folio
- Inner Sea Gods
- Inner Sea Combat
- Occult Mysteries
- Numeria, Land of Fallen Stars
- Mummy's Mask Poster Map Folio
- Technology Guide
- Undead Unleashed
- Ships of the Inner Sea
- Lost Treasures
- Iron Gods Poster Map Folio
- Belkzen, Hold of the Orc Hordes
- Tombs of Golarion
- Andoran, Birthplace of Freedom
- Inner Sea Monster Codex
- Hell Unleashed
- Giantslayer Poster Map Folio
- Occult Bestiary
- Inner Sea Races
- Distant Shores
- Occult Realms
- Cheliax, The Infernal Empire
- Hell's Rebels Poster Map Folio
- Darklands Revisited
- Inner Sea Faiths
- Heaven Unleashed
- Inner Sea Intrigue
- Path of the Hellknight
- Hell's Vengeance Poster Map Folio
- Planes of Power
- Inner Sea Temples
- Horror Realms
- The First World, Realm of the Fey
- Qadira, Jewel of the East
- Strange Aeons Poster Map Folio
- Lands of Conflict
- Aquatic Adventures
- Ironfang Invasion Poster Map Folio
- Taldor, the First Empire
- Ruins of Azlant Poster Map Folio
- Inner Sea Taverns
- Nidal, Land of Shadows
- Distant Realms
- War for the Crown Poster Map Folio
- Sandpoint, Light of the Lost Coast
- Construct Handbook
- Faiths of Golarion
- Return of the Runelords Poster Map Folio
- Concordance of Rivals
- Tyrant's Grasp Poster Map Folio
- Druma, Profit and Prophecy