No beings rule the chaotic and changeable plane known as the First World, the home of the fey, but its most powerful residents are the mighty beings known as the Eldest, sometimes known as the fey-lords or the shapers. They each pursue their own mysterious goals, and have little interest in the doings of lesser creatures. All command great respect or fear from the other inhabitants of that strange realm, and as demigods can grant spells to their worshipers.
The Eldest are extremely adept at moulding the substance of the First World to their will, so their domains are oases of stability on that constantly changing plane—albeit oases that move around with their masters.
The Eldest Known to Golarion
Presumably there are many Eldest spread across the infinite plane of the First World, but Golarion has only felt the influence of the nine whose realms are, or were, coterminous with this particular part of the Material Plane.
- ↑ Please note that within the context of Golarion and the associated Paizo multiverse, there is no Seelie Court nor its opposite, an Unseelie Court, as in real-world tradition or in other fantasy multiverses. Instead the courts of the Eldest replace this concept. Please see Fey Revisited for more information.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 James L. Sutter. (2010). The First World. Sound of a Thousand Screams, p. 67. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-253-1
- ↑ James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 233. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- ↑ Sean K Reynolds et al. (2014). Inner Sea Gods, p. 190. Paizo, Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-597-6
- ↑ James L. Sutter. (2010). The First World. Sound of a Thousand Screams, p. 70. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-253-1