Source: Alchemy Manual, pg(s). inside front cover
- See also: Iron
Cold iron is a type of iron ore mined deep underground. Demons and many fey creatures are particularly vulnerable to it, as are certain other magical creatures such as jackalweres. Weapons and armor made of cold iron generally cost much more than the normal price, and are more complicated (and costly) to enchant.
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook (1E), p. 154. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3
- Logan Bonner et al. (2019). Pathfinder Core Rulebook, p. 578. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-168-9
- Jesse Benner et al. (2011). Bestiary 3 (First Edition), p. 154. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-378-1
- Jason Nelson, Patrick Renie, and David N. Ross. (2014). Alchemy Manual, p. IFC. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-605-8
- Paizo has not drawn out the significance of this, but such linking of alchemy and astronomy was common in real-world alchemy and is clearly not a coincidence. Indeed, this particular example is analogous to iron having the same alchemical symbol as the planetary symbol for Mars.