This article might have further canon details available on.
A planet is a celestial body orbiting a star. Golarion belongs to a solar system of eleven planets that rotate around the same star, called the Sun. There were once thirteen planets in the solar system, but a historic cataclysm destroyed two planets and left a massive cloud of debris now called the Diaspora. While the planets are all located in relatively close proximity to one another in the scope of the Material Plane, these planets and their inhabitants are as varied as one could imagine.
Travel between planets is generally accomplished via magical gates which are thought to exist throughout the solar system. These gates are either heavily guarded by their owners or protectors, or else are forgotten in some distant corner.
Known planets in Golarion's solar system
The eleven existing planets, in order from the sun, are:
- Aballon, the Horse
- Castrovel, the Green Planet
- Golarion, the Child
- Akiton, the Red Planet
- Verces, the Line
- Eox, the Dead Planet
- Triaxus, the Wanderer
- Liavara, the Dreamer
- Bretheda, the Cradle
- Apostae, the Messenger
- Aucturn, the Stranger
The planets whose destruction created the Diaspora were:
In addition to the planets of Golarion's solar system, there are other planets known to scholars:
- Androffa, the origin of the spaceship Divinity, which crashed into Numeria thousands of years ago.
- Carcosa, the home of the Great Old One Hastur.
- Fallen Duromak in the Negative Energy Plane.
- Earth, a distant planet where Baba Yaga was born, and Grigori Rasputin resides, and Cthulhu sleeps.
- Kasath, the home world of the kasathas.
- The unnamed homeworld of the stormghosts in a distant solar system.
- Planet, Wikipedia.
- James L. Sutter. (2008). Into the Black. Children of the Void, p. 50. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-127-5
- James L. Sutter. (2008). Into the Black. Children of the Void, p. 48. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-127-5
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 209. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James L. Sutter. (2012). Distant Worlds, p. 24. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-403-0
- Neil Spicer. (2014). Fires of Creation. Fires of Creation, p. 7. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-673-7
- Paizo Staff. (2013). Bestiary 4, p. 141. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-575-4
- Todd Stewart, Brandon Hodge, and Steve Kenson. (2011). Undead Revisited, p. 38. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-303-3
- Brandon Hodge. (2013). Foreword. Rasputin Must Die!, p. 7-8. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-496-2
- Mark Garringer, Neil Spicer, Mike Welham. (2014). Bestiary. Fires of Creation, p. 82. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-673-7
- Adam Daigle, Amanda Hamon, and James L. Sutter. (2013). Bestiary. The Frozen Stars, p. 85. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-495-5