Longswords are common weapons in the Inner Sea region, though individual regions interpret its basic form differently.
- Andoran: While Andoren longswords take cues from Taldan and Chelish designs, they also feature eagle-inspired motifs.
- Cheliax: Two styles of longsword—minimalist and infernally inspired—dominate the devil-haunted empire.
- Irrisen: The land of winter witches combines the unfettered designs of its neighbors with ornate hilts featuring knotwork or ritualistic designs.
- Mendev: The crusaders facing demons of the Worldwound prefer tough, functional, and intimidating blades, with some even using weapons that ape demonic traits or are recovered from demons themselves.
- Numeria: This land of barbarism and technology inspires longswords that mimic the shapes and traits of truly technological weapons.
- Osirion: With its long history, this region's statues inspire classic longsword designs artificially aged to look older.
- Qadira: Longswords from this desert nation represent a blend of cultures it has encountered, resulting in simple blades with decorated crossguards, hafts, or handles.
- Taldor: Rapidly shifting fashion trends shape Taldan swords, which favor lavish appearance over function.
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook (1E), p. 147. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3
- Alexander Augunas and David N. Ross. (2015). Weapon Master's Handbook, p. inside front cover. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-796-3
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2012). Artifacts & Legends, p. 50. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-458-0