Source: Artifacts & Legends, pg(s). 50ff.
The Alara'hai, or Seven Swords of Sin, or Seven Blades of Conviction, are seven legendary swords wielded by the champions of each of the runelords of ancient Thassilon. Forged by the respective runelord, each of these blades embodied the power of the runelord and were used by each champion in combat against another. When the ancient runelords went into hiding the once tremendous power of these weapons also diminished until their power was comparatively mundane.
Still, they have circulated among weapon collectors and relic dealers as historic curios, for while their power diminished, their legend has not. At the height of their power, these swords were incredible weapons; Chellan, for example, was known to turn those it struck into crystal statues sometimes with only a single blow.
The seven swords of the Alara'hai are:
- Asheia, Sword of Lust
- Baraket, Sword of Pride
- Chellan, Sword of Greed
- Garvok, Sword of Wrath
- Shin-Tari, Sword of Sloth
- Tannaris, Sword of Envy
- Ungarato, Sword of Gluttony
During the destruction of Thassilon, during Earthfall, the Alara'hai went into a dormant state, much like the runelords who forged them. While they retained certain magical properties during their dormancy, their powers were greatly reduced. When Karzoug, Runelord of Greed, was awakened from his slumber in 4702 AR, his sword Chellan sprang back to life as well, revealing itself to be an intelligent, domineering artifact of considerable might.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Greg A. Vaughan. (2007). "Vaults of Madness". Seven Swords of Sin, p. 27. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-050-6
- Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Spires of Xin-Shalast. Spires of Xin-Shalast, p. 50. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-041-4
- Greg A. Vaughan. (2007). "Vaults of Madness". Seven Swords of Sin, p. 29. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-050-6
- James Jacobs. (2007). Burnt Offerings. Burnt Offerings, p. 9. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-035-3
- Greg A. Vaughan. (2012). Chapter Six: Spires of Xin-Shalast. Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition, p. 349. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-436-8