Source: Bestiary 2, pg(s). 255
|Images of soulbound mannequins|
Source: Bestiary 4, pg(s). 248
Source: Bestiary 4, pg(s). 249
Soulbound dolls are sentient constructs imbued with a fragment from a living, or recently living, creature's soul upon their creation. These dolls posses none of the memories of the creature from which their soul fragment is drawn, but do retain and exhibit a limited measure of that creature's personality.
Soulbound dolls can be constructed from many different materials, and as a result vary widely in general appearance. Most bear an item of value, always of exceptional craftsmanship, and a given doll is often crafted to resemble a form that holds significant meaning to its creator.
Though slight of frame and strength, soulbound dolls possess various abilities that are as different from one another as their physical appearance. These abilities usually take he form of a deceptive, mental assault, though some examples have been known to inflict direct physical harm.
Soulbound dolls are totally subservient and loyal to their masters. They have a tendency to exhibit behavior similar to that of the creature from which their soul fragment was drawn, yet usually have no knowledge of why they act in such ways.
Known soulbound dolls
- Mwangi fetish dolls
- Typically constructed of wood, these dolls often serve as guardians to the peoples of the Mwangi Expanse.
- Pestico's daughters
- Treated as daughters by their creator, the doll maker Vadid Pestico, these constructs are generally known for their manners and good behavior.
- Terra cotta guardians
- Discovered in the land of Tian Xia, these small warriors protect the tomb of their creator. Wu Zhan Yu, leader of the construct army, willingly answers questions but refuses to grant visitors passage into its master's sepulcher.
- Soulbound mannequin
- A larger variant with a more complicated construction process and more intact personality. It carries masks of different expressions to convey its emotions.
- Soulbound shell
- The apex of soulbound constructs, crafted from the soul of a spellcaster and marble. It retains its soul's spellcasting abilities.
- Nicolas Logue, & Mike McArtor. (2008). Bestiary. Edge of Anarchy, p. 85. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-088-9
- Nicolas Logue, & Mike McArtor. (2008). Bestiary. Edge of Anarchy, p. 84. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-088-9
- Dennis Baker et al. (2013). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 4, p. 248. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-575-4
- Dennis Baker et al. (2013). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 4, p. 249. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-575-4