Citation template needed [COMPLETED]
Could someone please add a template for Winter Witch please? The citation is not working but I think that's because there is not one at all. Thanks --Fleanetha 15:34, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
- Done. --Brandingopportunity 20:25, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
Categories and Organization [COMPLETED]
I am quite frankly shocked no one has done the booze article yet and how long has this Wiki been going?!
Anyway, I have set it up but there are refs to beer, wine and spirits in a number of places already plus a category referenced but not used called Food & Drink which I have now activated...
- The Category should possibly be 'Food and drink' to avoid ampersands and to obey lower case rule but it was there so I followed suit
- If everything is in one section a Category is probably not needed as it will only have one area to point to
- Would it be better to have a separate wiki page for each alcoholic drink? There is often very little information though.
- I suppose a compromise would be a separate wiki page for ales, mead, wines and spirits?
- Would we be better anyway to have a Category called Drinks and keep food totally separate? Drinks could then split to alcoholic and soft?
Thoughts and amendments appreciated as this is a very important subject to get right! --Fleanetha 17:34, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
- I wouldn't be shocked. There are quite a few articles that haven't been done. After all, there's a lot to do.
- I agree that the Category should be "Food and drink". I will change that. I don't think we need separate categories for ales, spirits, etc; it's simply not an important-enough subject IMO.
- I don't think there should be separate pages for each beverage, unless a massive amount has been written on a particular brew; which is not the case for any of them as far as I know. Creating a group page like this one seems very appropriate. However, when you link to a separate page that has already been created, I would add a short sentence or two on the group page, in addition to the link. I think it's fine to have separate pages for alcoholic drinks and non-alcoholic drinks, but they should definitely link to each other. I also think the page needs a short introduction on the subject. This does not have to necessarily be sourced and can simply be you introducing the topic in your own words. For examples of this, please look at the intros for Entrances to the Darklands, and Recreational drugs of Golarion, both of which I wrote.
- I modified the formatting and wording a bit on the page, fyi. --Brandingopportunity 20:25, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
- There are a lot of different foods and drinks mentioned, but not much about them... many of the inns and taverns writeups in the AP or chronicles books - many of hem will have short menus of the types of things they serve... That can give us at least the 3 sentences needed for a article. -- Cpt kirstov 20:56, 19 December 2010 (UTC)