I see that you've been busy making great, small edits on the wiki. That's exactly the kind of stuff I started off with here as well, and I think it's a great way to get the "lay of the land", so to speak. Keep up the good work! --Brandingopportunity 19:40, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
CNichols, although this is not official policy, we generally leave the British spellings our members have posted, unless the word is a proper noun. Some of our most prolific editors are from across the pond. We do this both as a sign of respect towards them (after all, their spelling is correct for them), and secondly, because correcting all of the armours, gaols, and tyres would take forever :) --Brandingopportunity 17:23, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, as long as each article is internally consistent, Queen's English is fine. —Yoda8myhead 17:31, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
- Reciprocally, your neighbours to the north, accross the pond, and down-under will refrain from correcting wonky American spellings ;-) —Aeakett 18:47, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
- Ah, sorry, sorry! I wasn't aware of that particular aspect of the wiki's style guidelines, so thanks for letting me know. :) Is there anything else I've been doing incorrectly? I'm enjoying helping out in some small way. --CNichols 21:40, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
- Nope, so far everything seems okay. We'll let you know if there are issues. Thanks again for all your help. --Brandingopportunity 07:23, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for all your input - looks really good.
I noticed you were turning your attention to Rule of Fear and creating larger articles - very good - and I wanted to point you at a couple of places I hope will help you.
In the help section there are check lists for getting categories right, for instance, Help:Writing an article about a person. I know some authors don't like check lists, but I find them really useful to go through and get all the categories added correctly. Also, you're working in Ustalav which, with the River Kingdoms, has a more complex category structure due to the county structure. I have documented the way the wiki deals with counties for categorizing settlements, etc., here: Forum:Category Trees: Nations.
Hope that's useful.
--Fleanetha 07:20, 5 May 2011 (UTC)
- Oh and thanks for correcting my mistake in the music categories - I'll stick a deletion note on my error! --Fleanetha 07:22, 5 May 2011 (UTC)