|Images of bombs|
Source: Advanced Player's Guide, pg(s). 28
A bomb is a portable explosive that is often designed to be fired, placed, or thrown before being detonated by a fuse, timer, or other apparatus. They range in scale from concealable smoke bomb distractions to the siege weapon-scaled payloads that can devastate a city.
While sometimes used as tools, bombs are generally associated with combative alchemists and ninjas, and to a lesser extent with gunslingers, specialized wizards, and specially trained rogues. They are also favored by goblins, as much for their destructive potential as for their potential to go off with chaotic unpredictability.
Bombs are often comprised of a casing or canister filled with black powder. Their simple form makes them flexible ways to deliver destructive and deadly forces, such as metal balls, smoke, poisons, disease-spreading agents, flash powder. However, their volatility means they must be handled with care, and a poorly made or carelessly handled bomb can just as indiscriminately kill its owner or allies.
- Jason Bulmahn, et al. (2011). Ultimate Combat, p. 15. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-359-0
- Jason Bulmahn, et al. (2011). Ultimate Combat, p. 164. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-359-0
- Jason Bulmahn, et al. (2011). Ultimate Combat, p. 74. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-359-0
- David N. Ross, David Schwartz, and Kaitlyn Sprague. (2014). Ranged Tactics Toolbox, p. 7. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-705-5
- Jason Bulmahn, et al. (2011). Ultimate Combat, p. 225. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-359-0