- For another meaning of "Darkvision", please see darkvision (spell).
Darkvision is the ability to see normally in total darkness. Darkvision is similar to normal vision, and does not allow the person who possesses it to see invisible, or otherwise hidden or obscured things (other than those things obscured by darkness). Those using darkvision see things only in black and white, and it is not spoiled by the presence of light. Darkvision is possessed most commonly by creatures who are (or once were) native to the Darklands. It is also common among many other races and creatures and some spellcasters are able to grant the ability for a while using the darkvision spell.
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook (1E), p. 562. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3
- Robert Brookes, Eleanor Ferron, Michelle Jones, Alex Riggs, and Nicholas Wasko. (2017). Heroes of the Darklands, p. 7. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-936-3
- Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary (First Edition), p. 306–310. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook (1E), p. 264. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3