Source: Bestiary 3, pg(s). 216
A penanggalen (sometimes spelled penanggalan) is an especially horrific species of vampire found primarily in the lands of Vudra. Appearing as a beautiful woman by day, the head and organs of a penanggalen separate from its body by night as it flies through the air in search of victims. The head must soak its organs in a solution of vinegar in order to squeeze itself back onto its body before daybreak.
Although the creation of a penanggalen varies, it always involves terrible acts of violence and bloodletting, typically involving tortured victims.
|This page is a stub. You can help us by .|
- Dave Gross. (2010). Prince of Wolves, p. 298. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-287-6
- James Jacobs, Rob McCreary, and F. Wesley Schneider. (2010). Classic Horrors Revisited, p. 49. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-202-9
- Tork Shaw. (2012). Blood of the Night, p. Inside back cover. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-470-2
- Jesse Benner et al. (2011). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 3, p. 216. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-378-1
- Penanggalan (Real-life mythical entity) on Wikipedia