Ages of daemons relative to demons
sifting through the page history, none of the cited sources actually says that daemons are younger than demons, so I'm tempted to believe that there's no actual canon conflict here - This comment was left as an edit summary. Please start or contribute to discussions on Talk pages, not in edit summaries. HTD (talk), 16:32, 19 November 2018 UTC
- Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting p182 explicitly states that daemons are the youngest fiendish race:
|| The native daemons are the youngest of the fiendish races, born from the spark of mortal evil untainted by the dueling forces of law or chaos.
- The Great Beyond, A Guide to the Multiverse p27 suggests in conflict that demons are younger than daemons and qlippoths:
|| ... demons appeared relatively late in the history of the Abyss, and originated somewhere else entirely. The Abyss, in those ancient eons, was ruled by primeval entities known as the qlippoth, fiends removed from the cycle of mortal souls that later came to dominate the Outer Sphere. The first demons began as a corruption of the qlippoth, when a long-forgotten daemon lord performed a hideous experiment—the mixing of a newly-formed qlippoth with an evil mortal soul.
- This seems to be rather clearly a canon conflict. It's also clear that you didn't review or contribute to Talk:Daemon/Conflicts before removing the link to it from this article. I'm reverting your change so we can address this.
- HTD, please—again—please initiate a discussion before barreling through with a significant content removal. -Oznogon (talk) 00:56, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- I stand corrected. I didn't have the Campaign Setting book at hand and didn't notice that source. I don't think that's a valid reason for removing the entire history section, though (instead of just adding back the conflict notice). - HTD (talk) 01:02, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- Feel free to restore whatever other content you want, or make more atomic edits in the future so that a rollback of a single edit won't remove content related to that edit. -Oznogon (talk) 01:03, 20 November 2018 (UTC)