Updating the Notable Members of the Pathfinder Society List
I am using this list as a basis for a GMing tool to use as I run an old-school style PFS campaign. Unless there are objections, I'll be sharing my list by updating this page.
1. I want to categorize the un-categorized people listed first, and add a Deceased, Former, Missing/Lost, and Grand Lodge Staff.
2. I will note the general location of the character on a re-categorized list.
3. Advice please: Some information about these characters is in the forum pages and... how can I use this? Can I call it a rumor and cite the forum page? For example, Janiff Ivulxtin was the top Venture-Captain of the Grand Lodge in Absalom in early canon, but Ambrus Valsin now has that job. In a forum post the change was noted and James Sutter posted that Janiff "and others" had died in 4709 of "fire cancer" (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2k0hs?Venture-Captain-Swapout#1). I realize this was playing, but it's from an editor and fun story information. It may actually clear up confusion if it can be noted this character is no longer used and the citation take them to the forum page discussing the write-out.
- In general, it's best to leave any non-canon details out if they can be obscured or simply omitted. Calling Ivulxtin the former top venture-captain of the Grand Lodge is accurate, and simply saying that he was replaced by Valsin presents the latter as the current head of the lodge without setting up a potential contradiction down the road should an actual canon explanation be given about what happened to Ivulxton. If later information comes to light in an official canon product, then it can simply be added. In general (and this is coming from the in-house continuity guru at Paizo), "fire cancer" is not a thing in Golarion (until we put it in print). It's what we say to quickly and easily explain away a continuity error we've inadvertently made in the past or that we decide to consciously make by deemphasizing content from a previous source by simply not picking up those loose threads.— Yoda8myhead (talk) 05:41, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- Here's the (nearly) final product. I haven't gotten the citation; I seem to recall seeing a list somewhere that this may have been based on, but haven't found it again. As it is, this is the old list, reorganized, with additions pulled from the indexes for characters under the /Pathfinder Society index. I plan on going through the Pathfinder Society scenarios for more reoccurring, or potentially reoccurring Pathfinders. I don't have season 5 yet, been working through earlier seasons.--KingsTears (talk) 05:17, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
Recent canon updates
The Lost Omens Pathfinder Society Guide significantly updates the canon status of many people in this list, particularly the factions and leaders, Eando Kline, and list of venture-captains. -Oznogon (talk) 19:14, 11 November 2020 (UTC)