A coil of steel appearing to be similar to a coiled whip, the urumi (pronounced er-OO-mee) is a slashing weapon capable of carving up flesh as well as any sword. The coil is built for durability and flexibility, allowing it to hold a sharp edge, while still able to manipulate its shape as needed. An urumi can be used to attack opponents next to the wielder, or up to 10 feet away.
Nalinivati, the patron naga goddess of the nagaji, chooses the urumi as one of her favoured weapons. This favoured status of the weapon by Nalinivati's followers led to a wider popularity for the urumi across the Inner Sea region.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 247. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 210–211. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Brian Cortijo, Joshua J. Frost, James Jacobs, & Richard Pett. (2008). Bestiary. Escape from Old Korvosa, p. 83. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-092-6
- James Jacobs, Dave Gross, Rob McCreary. (2011). Dragon Empires Gazetteer, p. 61. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-379-8
- Paizo staff. (2020). Gods & Magic, p. 102. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-202-0
- Urumi: real-world weapon on Wikipedia