|Leader||Rothos of House Vastille, Captain of the First Guard and Commander Militant of Absalom|
|Headquarters||Azlanti Keep, Absalom|
Source: Guide to Absalom
Today, the First Guard is an elite force of warriors, wizards and scouts solely dedicated to uncovering and quelling threats to the safety of Absalom, housed at Azlanti Keep with the city watch. The First Guard mans the keep and serves as the core of the city's army, commanding other forces in times of war. The commission to command the First Guard is for life, and the force's vow is to protect the city, not the Grand Council. The First Guard is always at less than 20% capacity unless there is an active siege.
The force's current leader is Rothos of House Vastille, Captain of the First Guard and Commander Militant of Absalom.  He is assisted by Chun Fe Seung, First Siege Gear, and Utgar of Gyr, Third Spell Lord. Lord Yuvin Vatir of House Damaq is Quartermaster and Silver Sword. Former captain Wynsal Starborn has retired from the leadership of the force, but holds the District Seat on the Grand Council.
The First Guard helped fight off two recent attacks on Absalom. The first was the Fiendflesh Siege of 4717 AR, in which a strange alliance of demonic and undead forces took part. The most recent was an attack by the forces of the Whispering Tyrant himself in 4719 AR that left behind the necromancy-blighted landscape to the east of Absalom called the Tyrant's Grasp.
- Owen K.C. Stephens. (2008). Guide to Absalom, p. 53. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-141-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 55. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Owen K.C. Stephens. (2008). Guide to Absalom, p. 17–18. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-141-1
- Gareth Hanrahan, Steve Kenson, Patrick Renie, Tork Shaw, and Jerome Virnich. (2012). Knights of the Inner Sea, p. 15. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-460-3
- Owen K.C. Stephens. (2008). Guide to Absalom, p. 19. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-141-1
- Tanya DePass, James Jacobs, Lyz Liddell, et al. (2019). World Guide, p. 19-20. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-172-6
- Tanya DePass, James Jacobs, Lyz Liddell, et al. (2019). World Guide, p. 15, 21. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-172-6