|Died||ca. 4058 AR|
Source: Skeletons of Scarwall, pg(s). 7
Rise of Kazavon
After Kazavon, in disguise as a human general, drove the orcs out of Ustalav in 4043 AR, he set up his own realm in the Hold of Belkzen. There he constructed the fortress of Scarwall and began his own reign of terror. Countless armies were sent against the former general but none could defeat him.
Attack on Scarwall
Finally in 4063 AR, Mandraivus of Lastwall brought together a small cabal of like-minded heroes (including members of the Ustalavic Esoteric Order of the Palatine Eye) to defeat a threat that entire armies had failed to bring down. They included Kuiragh a Kellid barbarian prince from the Realm of the Mammoth Lords, a paladin of Abadar named Roianda, Coja Eyes-Aflame, a Shoanti shaman from the Sklar-Quah tribe, an elven sorcerer from Kyonin named Laizuriel, a Qadiran scholar-priest of Irori named Vahahn, Kolwyddon, a Taldan wizard, and a Rahadoumi dervish named Kallad. Together they infiltrated the castle with the help of Kazavon's chamberlain, Kleestad. They confronted Kazavon in his throne room and it was only then that they discovered that the heroic Ustalavic general was actually a blue dragon sent by the god Zon-Kuthon. With the help of the holy sword Serithtial, Mandraivus and his allies were able to defeat Kazavon and his minions. Despite their best efforts, the cabal was not able to completely destroy the dragon's body, and Mandraivus decided that each of his allies would take charge of one of the body parts. Mandraivus himself stayed behind with a small group of soldiers to guard Scarwall and make sure evil did not return there.
Sadly it was not long before the orcs of the region heard of Kazavon's defeat and stormed the castle. The small group could not organize an effective defense, and despite many orc deaths, they were eventually slain to the last man. Mandraivus was the last to fall against the horde and his spirit became trapped within the castle. After centuries of torment inflicted by the evil spirits dwelling within Scarwall, Mandraivus' spirit went insane and reformed as an undead dread wraith. It was eventually destroyed by a group of heroes questing for the sword Serithtial in 4708 AR.
- Tito Leati. (2008). Crown of Fangs. Crown of Fangs, p. 61. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-109-1
- Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Skeletons of Scarwall. Skeletons of Scarwall, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-099-5
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2011). Rule of Fear, p. 5. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-301-9
- JD Wiker. (2008). Relics of Kazavon. Crown of Fangs, p. 63. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-109-1
- JD Wiker. (2008). Relics of Kazavon. Crown of Fangs, p. 64. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-109-1
- JD Wiker. (2008). Relics of Kazavon. Crown of Fangs, p. 65. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-109-1
- JD Wiker. (2008). Relics of Kazavon. Crown of Fangs, p. 66. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-109-1