- Faiths of Corruption p 16 --Fleanetha (talk) 16:51, 8 June 2015 (UTC)
- James Jacobs. (2016). Achaekek. Inner Sea Faiths, p. 4-9. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-825-0
- The Flooded Cathedral 67 --Fleanetha (talk) 19:10, 18 March 2018 (UTC)
Origins of the Mantis God
We need to change the History section of this page a bit, as it turns out Achaekek has been around for a very long time, and was not created in respond to the slaying of Arazni. See .--brandingopportunity 17:58, September 28, 2010 (UTC)
Power Level Classification
I noticed that Achaekek's power level within the categories was changed to demigod. I believe that James Jacobs stated that power level within the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting is determined by number of domains. Since Achaekek has five domains, he is much more powerful than a demigod, who should have two or three. He's not really a core god though, so I think Category:Minor deities is the right place to put him. -- Yoda8myhead 15:25, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
- Ah, thanks for the clarification; I wasn't aware of this statement and the Blog entry from 28 April 2008 explicitly states that Achaekek is a Demigod (there defined as a higher entity which can be killed by mortals). I therefore assumed that Minor Deities is the category for true, but less important deities. I'll see that I place the other gods in the appropriate categories when I work on them. -- Wormys_Queue 18:41, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
- Interesting. I guess that that's true. It's either a poorly phrased word in the blog or a system they implemented after the blog went up. In any case, I think we should look at things on a case-by-case basis and use our best judgments. In the end, it's not a huge matter of importance if a deity is classified one way or another and it's easily changed if we make a mistake somewhere.
- Thanks, by the way, for all your work recently. Keep it up! -- Yoda8myhead 19:52, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
Deity status [RESOLVED]
I must question whether Achaekek really doesn't count as a true deity. While this is a Tier 1 source, being an Adventure Path, it was written for 3.5 and it has since been made clear, and even mentioned on this page, that 5 domains does make it equal in power to a full deity. Furthermore, the fact that it was created causing it to not count as a true deity would likely make several others not count as well. Would ascended beings (Aroden and a full 1/4 of the core 20, among others) not count as true deities, either? This just doesn't make sense to me. PonyFlare (talk) 23:31, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- I think most of Yoda8myhead's answer from 2008 still stands. If there's been new content in the last 10 years that makes a compelling case to overrule the blog post (which IIRC is Tier 3 on the Canon policy), by all means go for it.
- I don't have The Flooded Cathedral, which per Fleanetha is the most recent Tier 1 source to mention Achaekek, to confirm if it has anything useful in determining that. You could also ask on the forums for an official clarification. -Oznogon (talk) 00:19, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- Inner Sea Faiths and Planar Adventures support, if not explicitly state, the case that Achaekek is a true deity, so I'll resolve unless other new high-tier sources explicitly suggest otherwise. I've left the statement in the article indicating that his status is up for debate. -Oznogon (talk) 07:26, 5 November 2018 (UTC)