Winter wolves are known to sometimes admit wargs into their packs, though only when food is plentiful, and even when they do, they still think of wargs as stupid and weak. Wargs always sit below winter wolves in the pack's pecking order, though if the pack also includes normal wolves they are considered higher than them. Such mixed packs utilize wargs greater stealthiness by using them as scouts.
- Dave Gross. (2015). Lord of Runes, p. 375. Tor Books. ISBN 978-0-7653-7451-6
- Logan Bonner, Jason Bulmahn, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Mark Seifter, et al. (2019). Bestiary (Second Edition), p. 322. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-170-2
- Russ Taylor. (2013). Ecology of the Winter Wolf. The Shackled Hut, p. 73. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-493-1
- Gareth Hanrahan, Steve Kenson, Patrick Renie, Tork Shaw, and Jerome Virnich. (2012). Knights of the Inner Sea, p. 23. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-460-3
- Joshua J. Frost. (2009). Taldor, Echoes of Glory, p. 9. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-169-5