Animated objects are a wide category of seemingly intelligent, but actually quite mindless, objects given spirit and motion via magic (generally the animate object spell). They can range in size from the very small, such as a candelabra, to quite large, such as a ship.
The most commonly encountered animated objects, especially by traveling adventurers, are permanently animated by rituals or infused positive energy, and serve as guardians, distractions, or menial servants. They can also result from certain restless incorporeal undead.
- Animated armor
- Animated broom
- Animated colossus
- Animated furnace
- Animated silverware swarm
- Animated statue
- Animated trebuchet
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Bestiary (First Edition), p. 14. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Logan Bonner, Jason Bulmahn, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Mark Seifter, et al. (2019). Bestiary (Second Edition), p. 20–21. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-170-2
- Logan Bonner, et al. (2021). Bestiary 3 (Second Edition), p. 19. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-312-6
- Logan Bonner, et al. (2021). Bestiary 3 (Second Edition), p. 18. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-312-6