The Sultana Ashadieeyah bint Khalid✝ is the ruler of the jabali1 genies. She lives in the Rainbow Metropolis of the Opaline Vault, capital of the Peerless Empire on the Elemental Plane of Earth. She has golden skin. The mining and mercantile interests in the Opaline Vault are efficiently managed by the sultana; each craft guild's shuyookh2 serves her.3
She has ruled the jabalis for 500 years, since her father was killed by ifrits4 from the Plane of Fire. Under her rule, the jabalis have prospered, and have developed trade routes to the Plane of Water. However, her abiding goal is the destruction of ifrits. All of the jabalis' wealth is spent making weapons and hiring mercenaries for war on ifrits, and her foreign policy centres around gaining allies in the conflict—from mercenary janns to fire mephits.5
It is whispered that she needs to win the war soon, otherwise jabali society will collapse under the strain of the war effort.5
For additional as-yet unincorporated sources about this subject, see the Meta page.
- Paizo referred to jabalis as shaitan until the publication of Rage of Elements. See Rage of Elements pg. 3 and Pathfinder Core Preview pg. 2.
- Paizo referred to nobles of each type of genie by different titles until the publication of Rage of Elements, which refers to genie nobles of all types as shuyookhs. See the genie articles in Rage of Elements and Pathfinder Core Preview pg. 14.
- “Bestiary” in Descent into Midnight, 87. Paizo Inc., 2009 .
- Paizo referred to ifrits as efreet and naaris as ifrits until the publication of Highhelm. See also Rage of Elements pg. 3 and Pathfinder Core Preview pgs. 2, 13, 18.
- “The Inner Sphere” in The Great Beyond, A Guide to the Multiverse, 18. Paizo Inc., 2009 .