|Plane of Earth|
|Titles|| The Eternal Delve|
|Magic||Enhanced or impeded|
|Denizens||Shaitan, earth elementals, crystal dragons, xorns, earth veelas, shaitans, mephits|
|Divinities||Nivi Rhombodazzle; Ayrzul and other elemental lords of earth|
|Description||Unending caverns containing untold mineral wealth|
Source: Planar Adventures, pg(s). 130–135
The Elemental Plane of Earth, the Eternal Delve, is located within the Inner Sphere, between the Plane of Water and the Plane of Fire. It is a realm of seemingly endless rock riddled with caverns, some of them the size of entire planets.
This plane is composed primarily of rock and earth, criss-crossed by veins of precious metal and gemstones of such gigantic proportions that they cannot be believed by those who have never set foot there. Interspersed with this solid rock and earth are caverns of all sizes, some of them dark and dry, others filled with water and phosphorescent fungus. Others yet are lit by enormous crystals, enchanted by the native shaitan genies to illuminate vast caves, like miniature suns.
Intrusions of elemental fire and water extend from the Plane of Earth's borders with the other elemental planes: bodies of magma and volcanic tunnels extend from the Plane of Fire, while the influence of the Plane of Water results in vast buried oceans and in bodies of limestone and salt. A tunnel known as the Vent extends through the Plane of Earth from its border with Fire on one side to that with Water on the other.
The Plane of Earth is home to the mighty mercantile empires of the shaitan genies, who freely trade the incredible mineral wealth of their home to planar travelers or the migrating nations of janni merchants. Also found in the plane are the haunts of the crystal dragons, a native race of dragons who fiercely guard their treasures and are often found ruling small nations of other species, providing safety from the slavery common in the shaitans' empire. Xiomorns control large sections of the plane, and themselves pay obeisance to Ayrzul. Earth elementals are much more protective of the plane's mineral riches, seeing its dispersal as an almost personal violation of their bodies.
Other native life in the Endless Delve includes earth and dust mephits, mud elementals, xorn, crysmals and the serpentine agrawghs, whose tunneling is thought to have created many of the Plane of Earth's tunnels. Species more common on other planes, such as oreads, dwarves, humans and the occasional elves, can be found inhabiting larger caverns and hollow spaces. Magma elementals, magma oozes and the huge, wormlike thoqquas live along the Plane of Earth's border with the Plane of Fire.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 179. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Tim Akers, Judy Bauer, Jim Groves, Chris Lites, Dale C. McCoy, Jr., and Cassidy Werner. (2014). Blood of the Elements, p. 20. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-654-6
- Todd Stewart. (2009). The Great Beyond: A Guide to the Multiverse, p. 3. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-167-1
- John Compton, Paris Crenshaw, Eleanor Ferron, Thurston Hillman, and Jessica Price. (2016). Planes of Power, p. 12-21, 52. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-883-0
- Wolfgang Baur et al. (2010). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 2 (First Edition), p. 119. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-268-5
- Wolfgang Baur et al. (2010). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 2 (First Edition), p. 184. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-268-5
- Wolfgang Baur et al. (2010). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 2 (First Edition), p. 262. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-268-5