|Council of Three and Nine|
|Type||Ruling body of Nex|
|Headquarters||The Bandeshar palace in Quantium|
|Goals||Governance of Nex|
Source: The Inner Sea World Guide, pg(s). 131
The Council of Three and Nine is the ruling body of the nation of Nex.
Until 576 AR, the land of Nex was ruled by the mighty archmage Nex, who was able to balance the country's various scheming political factions. The archmage disappeared in that year, and the factions began to fight each other. The formation of the Council of Three and Nine was an attempt to bring the factions back into (relative) harmony as the infighting could not be allowed to continue—especially since the country was fighting for survival against the neighbouring nation of Geb.
The council is currently dominated by the Three rather than the Nine. An agreement between any two of the Three is sufficient to veto any proposal agreed on by the Nine. In contrast to the Nine, the composition of the Three has not changed for over 100 years.
- Agrellus Kisk, leader of the Arclords of Nex
- Iranez of the Orb, a powerful witch
- Elder Architect Oblosk, castellan of the Bandeshar
There is considerable competition for places among the Nine, and thus membership varies. The current composition is:
- Master alchemist Borume, representative of the city of Oenopion
- Fleshforger Dunn Palovar, representative of the city of Ecanus
- Master Phade, believed by many to be the leader of Quantium's assassins
- Gen Hendrikan, senior cleric of the demon lord Abraxas
- Elemion, a mutated representative of the wasteland tribes
- The high cleric of Nethys
- The high cleric of Pharasma
- A representative of the nation's Merchant's League
- A politician serving one of the many other factions (changes constantly)