|Images of plants|
Source: Bestiary 3, pg(s). 303
Plant is the name given to a type of creature composed of vegetable matter. Plant creatures are known in many forms, including green plants living above ground, presumably undergoing photosynthesis as part of their anatomy. However, plant creatures are also found deep underground where the sun's light never reaches; such creatures owe their heritage more to fungal plants. 'Plant' can also refers to normal, mundane, non-animated entities, such as humble trees and flowers. The study of plants is called botany.
|This page is a stub. You can help us by .|
- See also: Category:Fungi
Fungi—a group of life that includes various types of molds, mushrooms, and slimes—are distinct types of plants that share few plant-like traits. Like plants, most fungi are stationary; however, they generally absorb nutrients in ways more similar to animals, do not photosynthesize light, and reproduce via spores.
A fungal creature is an intelligent plant that grows within a deceased creature and has several fungal traits. It retains many of the abilities, but none of the memories, of its host.
- See also: Awaken
Featured plant creatures
- See also: Category:Plants
- Paizo Staff. (2011). Bestiary 3, p. 303. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-378-1
- Fungus, Wikipedia. In the real world, fungi are considered to be more closely related to animals than plants and share few traits with plants. In Pathfinder Roleplaying Game mechanics, creatures comprised of or related to fungi are plants.
- Paizo Staff. (2013). Bestiary 4, p. 116–117. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-575-4
- Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook, p. 245. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3