|Images of elementals|
Source: Bestiary, pg(s). 120ff.
An elemental is a creature which is made up completely of one of the four elements of air, earth, fire or water. This means that they do not have anatomies and nervous systems as do most other creatures. As a result they cannot be stunned, poisoned or paralysed, and do not have a blind side or vulnerable areas that can be targeted by their enemies.
These creatures appear to be little more than living clumps of elemental material but take many shapes and sizes, and in many cases, when the term 'elemental' is used, it refers to one of these creatures.
Plane of Air
Plane of Earth
Plane of Fire
- Fire elemental
- Magma elemental
Plane of Water
- Ice elemental
- Mud elemental
- Water elemental
There are a number of other types of elemental creature, which typically have more defined forms than the 'true' elementals.
- For a list of elemental races, see: Category:Elemental subtype creatures.
Elementals are associated with the deserts of Osirion.
Khemet I's alliance with the country's elder elementals was a key factor in his ability to gain the throne of the country by a bloodless coup. His grandson, Khemet III is often accompanied by his fire elemental advisor, Janhelia and some at court fear that the country is on the verge of becoming embroiled in the complex politics of the elemental clans.
- Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, p. 311. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, p. 120-127. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Tim Akers, Judy Bauer, Jim Groves, Chris Lites, Dale C. McCoy, Jr., and Cassidy Werner. (2014). Blood of the Elements, p. 4. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-654-6
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 147-148. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2