Petrograd1 was the Imperial capital of Russia,2 and lies on the Neva River3 in the north-western region of that vast nation on the distant planet of Earth. Today, it is a major city in the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic.
The city was originally called Saint Petersburg, until AD 1914 when it was changed to Petrograd to remove any German language from the the name of the city; in 1914, Russia had gone to war with the German Empire.
Points of interest
- In this article about a 'real life' entity, any non-canon material is shown in italics and is provided from Wikipedia. In his foreword to Rasputin Must Die!, Brandon Hodge states that the Earth portrayed in that adventure 'has to be our world', so we can extrapolate a little to give context in order to aid GMs and complete our infoboxes. Further information can be found by following the provided links to Wikipedia.
- Adam Daigle and Brandon Hodge. (2013). Guns, Spirits, and Revolution. Rasputin Must Die!, p. 63. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-496-2
- Brandon Hodge. (2013). Rasputin Must Die!. Rasputin Must Die!, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-496-2
- Brandon Hodge. (2013). Rasputin Must Die!. Rasputin Must Die!, p. 23. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-496-2
- Russian dates of this time used the Old Style (O.S) and did not match with Western, therefore Golarion's, months. For further information, please see Old Style and New Style dates