|Goals|| Guardians of the Great Beyond's integrity and stability;|
Close planar portals & oppose Blackfire Adepts
Source: Campaign Setting, pg(s). 199
- See also: Riftwarden
The Riftwardens are a loose collection of planar travelers from across the Great Beyond who guard the multiverse's integrity and stability. They aim to prevent evildoers from using planar gateways and punish any who they catch trying.
Riftwardens are believed to have come to Golarion in pursuit of their most-hated enemies, the Blackfire Adepts. Their purpose is the opposite of the Adepts, in that they seek to close planar openings and portals. They identify themselves by the Sign of the Seeker's Spiral and are extremely well-versed in the geography of the Great Beyond, making them invaluable guides to those seeking to travel beyond the Material Plane, especially in high magic cities such as Quantium, Egorian, and Absalom. Their greater motivations, beyond opposition to the Blackfire Adepts, are unknown, as is their secretive cabal of leaders, but they surely serve otherworldly interests.
The group is particularly active in Mendev and have set up a base of operations in the Librarium of the Broken Black Wing in the city of Kenabres. While the local leader of the organisation is unknown, their spokesperson, Beltran Ravenken, is a popular figure in town. The Riftwardens monitor the Worldwound carefully, deeply interested in sealing the planar rift that plagues the nation.
Known members and associates
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 261. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Saif Ansari, Mara Lynn Butler, Jeffrey Hersh, Vanessa Hoskins, Lyz Liddell, Luis Loza, and Linda Zayas-Palmer. (2018). Disciple's Doctrine, p. 4. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-011-8
- Alexander Augunas et al. (2015). Monster Summoner's Handbook, p. 10. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-758-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 199. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Benjamin Bruck, Jason Bulmahn, Matt Goodall, and Jason Nelson. (2012). Paths of Prestige, p. 46. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-451-1
- James Jacobs. (2013). Foreword. The Worldwound Incursion, p. 72-73. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-553-2
- Amber E. Scott. (2013). NPC Gallery. The Worldwound Incursion, p. 58-59. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-553-2
- Todd Stewart. (2010). Sphere of Annihilation. Classic Treasures Revisited, p. 40. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-220-3
- Will McCardell et al. (2015). Familiar Folio, p. 5. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-731-4