(archon, extraplanar, good, lawful)
|Images of lantern archons|
Source: Bestiary, pg(s). 20
A lantern archon is a pale illuminated globe of pure spiritual energy. Its light can be any hue and ranges in brightness from a candle to a torch at will, but it cannot be extinguished completely until its death. Lantern archons in general enjoy modulating their light in time with music or to amuse others.
They make no sound as they glide gracefully through the air, and their voices are echoing and airy.
Many lantern archons serve as illumination fixtures in Heavenly settlements, simultaneously providing both light and surveillance.
Lantern archons can work well together in large numbers, and in desperation can form a gestalt being comprised of nine archons that is more powerful together than apart.
Like other archons, lantern archons can teleport at will and, in rare instances, bastion archons form when a lantern archon gestalt and shield archon fuse while attempting to swap positions via teleportation.
Known lantern archons
- Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, p. 20. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Jessica Blomstrom, Adam Daigle, Shaun Hocking, Daniel Marthaler, Tork Shaw, and Christina Stiles. (2013). Champions of Purity, p. inside rear cover. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-511-2
- David N. Ross, David Schwartz, and Kaitlyn Sprague. (2014). Ranged Tactics Toolbox, p. 31. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-705-5
- Robert Brookes et al. (2018). Planar Adventures, p. 226. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-044-6
- Cole Kronewitter. (2017). The Shores of Heaven, p. 8–9. Paizo Inc.