Source: Bestiary, pg(s). 259
Squids are small, predatory aquatic animals with elongated bodies and ten tentacles arranged radially around a central beak. They can expel clouds of ink with which to hide themselves underwater, and are known to aggressively attack creatures much larger than themselves. They are sometimes taken as animal companions.
Some squids grow to much larger sizes than typical specimens. While they usually live deep in the ocean, hunger sometimes drives them to the surface.
- While squid is a valid plural form, PathfinderWiki follows Paizo in preferring "squids" in order to align with Paizo-published sources, such as the Bestiary entry for squids, entries for other creatures in Bestiary volumes that mention squids, and The Inner Sea World Guide.
- Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, p. 259. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Mike Shel. (2013). Irrisen, Land of Eternal Winter, p. 27–28. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-486-3
- F. Wesley Schneider, Amber E. Scott, Tork Shaw, James L. Sutter, and Jerome Virnich. (2012). Varisia, Birthplace of Legends, p. inside front cover. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-453-5
- Squid (real-life animal) on Wikipedia