|Class||Fighter 4 / Samurai 12|
Source: Distant Shores, pg(s). 27
Kavangaki enjoys the unwavering support of most members of the Council of Nine except Himoko Na-ichi, whom he has tried to stymie. Her strength rivals that of Kavangaki, to the point that he cannot just cause her to disappear. Their conflict risks sending the entire nation of Kaoling into chaos.
Kavangaki resides in the palace of Dhucharg-jo in the capital of Dhucharg, attended by slaves that ensure his obscene luxury, and the Crimson Sentinels, a personal, largely ceremonial guard consisting of soldiers who demonstrated their courage and ferocity in combat. In recent years, he has also leveraged the Dragon's Teeth, Kaoling's secret police who lie outside of the Council of Nine's control, to silence his personal enemies. However, rumour has it that the Dragon's Teeth's leader Jenji Tukozami is secretly Himoko Na-ichi's ally.
Kavangaki is a veteran of Kaoling's most recent and nearly successful invasion of Zi Ha. He has controlled the majority of the Council of Nine after building the coalition that ousted his predecessor.
- James Jacobs, Dave Gross, Rob McCreary. (2011). Dragon Empires Gazetteer, p. 28. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-379-8
- Amanda Hamon Kunz. (2015). Dhucharg, City of Conquerors. Distant Shores, p. 28. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-787-1
- John Compton, et al. (2015). Introduction. Distant Shores, p. 2. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-787-1
- Amanda Hamon Kunz. (2015). Dhucharg, City of Conquerors. Distant Shores, p. 30. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-787-1
- Amanda Hamon Kunz. (2015). Dhucharg, City of Conquerors. Distant Shores, p. 31. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-787-1