|Deity||Alseta and Cayden Cailean|
Tap tap...Is this thing on?
Hi there. It looks like you want to know more about me. I’m Brian, and online I’ve been Shadowfoot for many years. No, I’m not a halfling rogue. I’m an avid player and GM. I live in Wellington, NZ and work in IT as a business analyst. I started playing AD&D in 1981, and Pathfinder when the initial playtest was released.
|“||Don't let rules get in the way of you enjoying what is truly good in life.||”|
|— Cayden Cailean|
- I find the Golarion deities fascinating.
- I like to drop references from the List of written works to my players.
- I’m working on a Today in Golarion project on twitter. For that I want/need to know accurate dates. Today is Wealday, 19 Calistril, 4720 AR—Loyalty Day (Cheliax, Asmodeus)
- My contributions
|“||Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need.||”|
|— Logic of Design|
If you want to ask me anything or just stop in to say hello, please do so!
|“||Praise Alseta the opener! May she open the path to virtue and wisdom. Praise Alseta the closer! May she close the path of iniquity and strife.||”|
|— The Sacred Keystones|
|“||Here's to Cayden! May he show us wisdom in the bottom of a glass||”|
- Check rules about citing in-game spoken/written words, for example, sermons and song lyrics
|“||Carve your name on the everchanging sea with a blade of terror and triumph. Fight for plunder, fame, and glory, and earn your place among the legends of the sea.||”|
|— Besmara's Code|
Links I find Useful
- Changing seasons (Psomeira)
- Her holidays mark the changing seasons, which signal the beginning and end of military campaigns.
- The Gaol Parade: Dark Markets p38
- Moonmelon: is mentioned in both Andoran books Cheliax, Empire of Devils p25
- Hanging Day ([]): The first Oathday of every month is Hanging Day at Pharasma’s Pulpit Cities of Golarion p13
- Honey festival: Dragon Empires Gazetteer p26
- Isles of the Shackles p15 Drowning Rock festival
- Korvosa p11 4544 AR, p24, 36
Sargava Chalice Inner Sea World Guide p167
- Thanatopsis Parade Into The Darklands p44
- Devil’s Night? Though small brawls are common, no major religious rioting has occurred since the Devil’s Night a decade ago when displaced nobles of Cheliax tried to burn the temple of Asmodeus to the ground, and the devil-worshipers called on the Ascendant Court guard to protect them.
Note to self: Are we allowed to quote this much in-game text?
Traditional Festival of Night's Return sermon
|“|| Desolation fell upon us, and the Midnight Lord gave us succor. Death came to hunt us, and the Midnight Lord gave us its leash. Pain tried to break us, and Zon-Kuthon taught us that it held nothing to fear. By his grace we are Nidalese. By his gifts we master the night.
Children and chosen of Zon-Kuthon, be proud to serve your Master's will. Find glory in the Midnight Lord's favor. For only we, among the varied peoples of the world, stood unbroken by the shattering of Earthfall. We alone survived unscathed when proud empires crumbled, when scholars fell into the ignorance of ruin, when sages and peacekeepers became crude cannibals just to survive. Only we were worthy of Zon-Kuthon's protection, and so it remains today. Only we are still worthy of his gifts, and only we can give him true glory.
We alone hold the heritage of ages. We alone revel in the Midnight Lord's gifts and grace. We alone are Nidalese.
The Pirate’s Course
|“|| Now this here boy approached the docks, lookin' to get paid;
He drank powder mixed with rum at Formidably Maid;
Some go willing, most do not, when the press-gang calls;
There's crew to fill, and they pay in swill, till the ocean takes them all.
Aye, lad, aye, lass, live by Besmara's code;
|— Opening lines and chorus|
- Robert Brookes et al. (2016). Brigh. Inner Sea Faiths, p. 29. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-825-0
- Robert Brookes et al. (2016). Alseta. Inner Sea Faiths, p. 11. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-825-0
- Robert Brookes et al. (2016). Besmara. Inner Sea Faiths, p. 23. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-825-0
- John Compton. (2015). Aelyosos, City of Tides. Distant Shores, p. 13. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-787-1
- Liane Merciel, Lyz Liddell, Ron Lundeen, and Mark Moreland. (2018). Nidal, Land of Shadows, p. 2. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-033-0
- Kate Baker, Eleanor Ferron, Michelle Jones, Jason Keeley, Luis Loza, Jacob W. Michaels, Joe Pasini, and David N. Ross. (2018). Inner Sea Taverns, p. 14. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-016-3