|Images of yetis|
Source: Bestiary, pg(s). 338
The yetis, or abominable snowmen, are the mysterious and terrifying inhabitants of the roof of Golarion. Found in small tribes in the highest peaks, these creatures are naturally stealthy and immensely strong, and are largely believed to be mythological creatures.1
Yetis are known to live in numerous mountain ranges throughout Avistan, including the World's Edge Mountains, home to a monastery of reclusive yeti monks, and the Kodar Mountains of Irrisen, where a yeti tribe has been aiding in the escape of prisoners from the mine of Hope Lost. Yetis are also reported to live in the icy Crown of the World and in the Wall of Heaven mountains of Tian Xia.2 In the Impossible Kingdoms of Vudra many yetis have been drawn to the psychic emanations of the meditating garuda monk Mahadev near the peak of Gyanpad in the Lohaparbat Mountains.3
On other worlds
For additional as-yet unincorporated sources about this subject, see the Meta page.
- Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Bestiary (First Edition), p. 287. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Jonathan Keith, Jason Nelson, and Anthony Pryor. (2012). Mythical Monsters Revisited, p. 62–63. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-384-2
- Saif Ansari. (2020). "Vudra, The Impossible Kingdoms". Sixty Feet Under, p. 71. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-263-1
- Larry Wilhelm. (2015). Karma Reclaimed, Paizo Inc.
- Brandon Hodge. (2013). Rasputin Must Die!. Rasputin Must Die!, p. 38. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-496-2