|Age of Enthronement|
- Daidian Ruel and his group of former soldiers and friends become very effective in hunting down Path of Grace cultists in the Chelish capital of Westcrown, but the cult's influence within the city results in many being quickly released from custody. In response, Ruel and his group resort to vigilante justice and more extreme methods. Widely praised by average citizens, they earn the wrath of the Westcrown Dottari and Ruel is arrested in Sarenith. Freed by his followers, Ruel flees the city only to return to plead his case before King Gaspodar in an impassioned speech. The king recognizes the necessity of setting the city to order before the prophesied coming of Aroden, and pardons Ruel before commissioning him to establish a new knightly order. Ruel accepts the king's commission, but refuses to allow consecration by the church of Aroden. The faithful of Aroden denounce his order and name them the "Hellknights", and the order's legacy would later be revived as the Order of the Rack.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 203. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2009). Path of the Hellknight. The Infernal Syndrome, p. 65–66. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-198-5
- Jonathan H. Keith, Colin McComb, Steven E. Schend, Leandra Christine Schneider, and Amber E. Scott. (2009). Cheliax, Empire of Devils, p. 9. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-191-6
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2016). Path of the Hellknight, p. 5–6. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-843-4